Posted to users@allura.apache.org by "ChristenGiandomenico@gmail.com" <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/24 23:32:32 UTC

Sort search results chronologically

The sourceforge KeePass forum uses allura.  I am a user.  Is there a way to
sort search results chronologically?

Ideally in reverse chronological order.

Chris

Re: Sort search results chronologically

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Additionally, we have a ticket at https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/5686/ too

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: Sort search results chronologically

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Hi Chris, the search results page isn't very fancy - there's not currently a way
to change the sort order.  The only suggestion I can make at the moment is a
poor workaround, adding a date filter into your search clause.  For example,
this would find posts mentioning "install" and posted since Feb 1 2013.
https://sourceforge.net/p/keepass/discussion/search/?q=install+AND+mod_date_dt%3A[2013-02-01T00%3A00%3A00Z+TO+*]

We've got a ticket https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/2835/ to track many
improvements that are needed for search - I just added sorting to it.  You can
vote up on that ticket so it stays on our radar, and add any other suggestions
to it.  Ideally, we'll be working on this sometime in the next several weeks -
we'll see.