Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Mark Bentley <be...@cs.umn.edu> on 1997/04/21 20:30:01 UTC

os-irix/439: Makefile for regex library foobared

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Mon Apr 21 15:00:00 PDT 1997

>Number:         439
>Category:       os-irix
>Synopsis:       Makefile for regex library foobared
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When making httpd, the final link gives this error:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/usr/bin/../lib/ld:
Archive: regex/libregex.a has no table of contents (not searched)
         add one with 'ar ts'
Unresolved:
regfree
regcomp
regexec
regerror
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

The make seems to have an error in it such that "ar" never gets run.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
do a "make clean; make; make lib" in the regex directory, then try
making apache again

Re: os-irix/439: Makefile for regex library foobared

Posted by "Mark A. Bentley" <be...@cs.umn.edu>.
Hmmm, I'm not sure what happened.  I manually went into regex
and did a "make clean" and then re-built without any problem.

Feel free to close this PR.  :)

--
Mark A Bentley			Email:	bentlema@cs.umn.edu
Systems Staff, CSci Dept

Re: os-irix/439: Makefile for regex library foobared

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.