Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeffrey Castro <je...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/11 21:22:48 UTC

Customization of Login Screen, Messages

I'm a newbie to Jetspeed, I downloaded the CHEF demo which is based on Jetspeed. I would like to know how can I change Create New User form, since I saw the login.vm file and there are some things that to me are not quite understandable in terms of velocity. Can you point me in the right direction?

Jeff

Re: Customization of Login Screen, Messages

Posted by Sangam Dash <sr...@rippleimpact.com>.
Jeffrey Castro wrote:

>I'm a newbie to Jetspeed, I downloaded the CHEF demo which is based on Jetspeed. I would like to know how can I change Create New User form, since I saw the login.vm file and there are some things that to me are not quite understandable in terms of velocity. Can you point me in the right direction?
>
>Jeff

if you dont know velocity you need to learn it
otherwise you can use jsp to change the pages
the default template jetspeed uses is vm i.e. velocity
you can change it by setting the
services.TemplateService.default.extension=jsp
in the TurbineResources.properties file
then you can use jsp to change anything you want
jsp is easier for me
but in the 1.4b1 all the functionality doesnt work for jsp
so be careful
sangam dash