Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Craig Newlander <cn...@eqtc.com> on 2002/04/05 00:20:17 UTC

SMPTP Appender

Hello All,

  I'm using the SMTP appender and configuring it from a properties file and
using configureandwatch() I'd like to be able to change some of the
appender's parameters at run time such as subject, and to - can someone one
please lead me in the right direction on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

here is my appender settings from my properties file:
log4j.appender.SMTP=org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender
log4j.appender.SMTP.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.SMTP.layout.ConversionPattern=@@ %d ** %5p ** %x ** %t ** %m
log4j.appender.SMTP.To=someone@domain.com
log4j.appender.SMTP.SMTPHost=mail.somedomain.com
log4j.appender.SMTP.Subject=ERROR OCCURRED!
log4j.appender.SMTP.From=someonelse@domain.com
log4j.appender.SMTP.BufferSize=1