Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by javaguy44 <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/12 13:07:11 UTC

Tomcat JDBC Pool StackOverflow exception when running Spring Standalone

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Tomcat JDBC Pool after reading all the good things
Filip Hanik had to say about it!

I was expecting it to be a drop in replacement for commons dbcp but after
spending over a half day on this now I'm getting frustrated and am not
closer to a solution.

Using a mysql database against an innodb table, I'm getting
java.lang.StackOverflowError when using tomcat jdbc pool; it just seems to
continuously try to create connections even though my settings are
initialSize=10 and minIdle=10

I've attached my spring
http://old.nabble.com/file/p32044957/applicationContext-db.xml
applicationContext-db.xml .  Note that:
 - when using commons dbcp datasource, I can connect without issue
 - when I comment out the commons dbcp datasource and try to use
tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSource, I get a the StackOverflow exception
 - I'm using:
   - xp pro 32bit
   - java 6  1.6.0.24 to be precise
   - mysql 5.1.37
   - Spring 2.5.6 sec1
   - jdbc pool 1.1.0.1

My tomcat jdbc pool settings were taken from(just a slightly modified
version) of
http://vigilbose.blogspot.com/2009/03/apache-commons-dbcp-and-tomcat-jdbc.html

Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions...thanks!

RE: Tomcat JDBC Pool StackOverflow exception when running Spring Standalone

Posted by javaguy44 <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I personally like nabble -- but the move thread thing obviously doesn't work
v well.

I didn't think Hint: was polite -- but if you don't want people to use
nabble, perhaps the link you provided should disclaim as such...?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by javaguy44 <ja...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.