Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Clint Edwards <ce...@mcclatchyinteractive.com> on 2005/11/22 17:18:04 UTC

Re: postprocessing html+php code generated by a mod_perl system before to send it to browser

I agree with Geoff, upgrading is the cleanest way around this problem.
However, that solution was not immediately possible for me and I am in a
similar situation.  I have an Apache Handler that generates HTML pages
with embedded PHP.  I wrote another Apache Handler to process the output
from the first Handler.  In the second handler I use the perl module PHP
(http://search.cpan.org/~karasik/PHP-0.09/PHP.pm) to do the heavy
lifting for me.  You may not use an Apache Handler to do this, but you
can still use the PHP module to process your PHP.  Again this is a bit
hackish, but still a workaround.

Another possible solution is to write your HTML file to your docroot,
and redirect the user to the HTML page on the docroot.

Clint

--
Clint Edwards
Software Developer