Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Lee Eric <op...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/04 09:26:45 UTC

Packet len4622126 is out of range!

Hi,

I got following exceptions when access one node:

ls /test
[main-SendThread(localhost:2181)] WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn
- Session 0x14f973545fe0000 for server localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:2181,
unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
java.io.IOException: Packet len4622126 is out of range!
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocket.readLength(ClientCnxnSocket.java:112)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:79)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:366)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /test
at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1472)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1500)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processZKCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:720)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:588)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.executeLine(ZooKeeperMain.java:360)
WATCHER::

WatchedEvent state:Disconnected type:None path:null

at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.run(ZooKeeperMain.java:349)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.main(ZooKeeperMain.java:282)

It seems this issue is caused by too many znodes. Is there any way to
tune the threshold or fix that?

Thanks.

Hui

Re: Packet len4622126 is out of range!

Posted by Karol Dudzinski <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

You'll need to set -Djute.maxbuffer to a sufficiently large number
(larger than the one in your error).  I believe this indicates /test has
a lot of children, sufficiently many that their names don't fit into the
default buffer for responses from the server.  I've only seen this with
200K+ children.

If you don't want to edit the cli script, you can add the maxbuffer
setting to the JVMFLAGS env var before running the cli.

Karol

On 04/09/2015 08:26, Lee Eric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got following exceptions when access one node:
>
> ls /test
> [main-SendThread(localhost:2181)] WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn
> - Session 0x14f973545fe0000 for server localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:2181,
> unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
> java.io.IOException: Packet len4622126 is out of range!
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocket.readLength(ClientCnxnSocket.java:112)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:79)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:366)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
> Exception in thread "main"
> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /test
> at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1472)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1500)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processZKCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:720)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:588)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.executeLine(ZooKeeperMain.java:360)
> WATCHER::
>
> WatchedEvent state:Disconnected type:None path:null
>
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.run(ZooKeeperMain.java:349)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.main(ZooKeeperMain.java:282)
>
> It seems this issue is caused by too many znodes. Is there any way to
> tune the threshold or fix that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hui

---