Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jlm <js...@earthlink.net> on 2004/03/18 12:34:15 UTC

Upgrading repository version.

My computer died and I rebuilt it. Fortunately, my Subversion repository
was saved. Unfortunately, it's format is one and the latest version of
Subversion that I have is using format three. I do not see any older
versions of Subversion on the web site.

What I want to do is download the latest version of Subversion that was
still using format one, compile it, then dump my repository and then
load it back into the version of Subversion that I am currently using.
Where can I get a version of Subversion that uses format one for the
repository?

Thanks.

Re: Upgrading repository version.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
jlm <js...@earthlink.net> writes:

> My computer died and I rebuilt it. Fortunately, my Subversion repository
> was saved. Unfortunately, it's format is one and the latest version of
> Subversion that I have is using format three. I do not see any older
> versions of Subversion on the web site.
>
> What I want to do is download the latest version of Subversion that was
> still using format one, compile it, then dump my repository and then
> load it back into the version of Subversion that I am currently using.
> Where can I get a version of Subversion that uses format one for the
> repository?

Man ... what version was that?  0.27?  You should be able to check
that out from http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/0.27.0/ .

Re: Upgrading repository version.

Posted by Kay Abendroth <ab...@wsc-gmbh.de>.
jlm wrote:

> My computer died and I rebuilt it. Fortunately, my Subversion repository
> was saved. Unfortunately, it's format is one and the latest version of
> Subversion that I have is using format three. I do not see any older
> versions of Subversion on the web site.
[...]

For older releases see:

	http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectNewsList

View the announcement of your choice and follow the link in there.
Generally you should be able to grab any older releases trough links
like this:

http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/<revision of release
tag>/subversion-<version number>.tar.gz

This is a bit confusing, so it would be nice to access all released
versions trough
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=74

Kay