Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Brian Waltz <bw...@carson.k12.nv.us> on 2020/10/29 16:22:07 UTC

Privacy Policy As it Applies to Apache Open Office

Hey Guys,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask. I've tried to search around the site for a bit to find the privacy policy for Apache Open Office. Is there a place where the policy as it applies to the software (not the website) is posted, or does the website privacy policy also apply to the software? Thank you for any information you can provide.

[1509648298438_test3.png]
Brian Waltz | Systems Engineer
Carson City School District
Department of Innovation and Technology
O: 775.283.2151
W: carsoncityschools.com<http://carsoncityschools.com/>
A: 1402 W. King St. Carson City, NV 89703

[1509647416813_Sig2.png]<https://twitter.com/CCSDDoIT>

********************* CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail contains private, privileged and confidential information belonging to the sender. The information herein is solely for the use of the addressee. If your receipt of this transmission has occurred as the result of an error, in such circumstances, you are advised that you may not disclose, copy, distribute or take any other action in reliance on the information transmitted. The Carson City School District does not guarantee that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference, and does not endorse the sender's personal opinions or similar information which may be contained in this message. To report email abuse - abuse@carson.k12.nv.us *********************

Re: Privacy Policy As it Applies to Apache Open Office

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

The proper place to ask is dev@openoffice.apache.org <ma...@openoffice.apache.org>.

That said I am qualified to answer.

(1) See www.openoffice.org/privacy.html <http://www.openoffice.org/privacy.html>. This applies to downloads in the sense that there is an access log. We also log some basic information during an update check.

(2) If you sign up for the User Forum at forum.openoffice.org <http://forum.openoffice.org/> then we have that account information inside Apache.

(3) If you purchase a DVD or CD from a third party then we cannot answer about the information you might share with them.

(4) Never pay for a download. Always download from www.openoffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org/> (redirects to SourceForge)

(5) If you register your user information within the application that is never shared with us.

Regards,
Dave