Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/06/09 03:43:01 UTC

working toward 3.1/4.1 release

We're getting close to a 3.1/4.1 release with already a lot of good
stuff in there: http://s.apache.org/7AR

Big ticket items include: support for derived/nested queries,
implementation of Pig loader, new built-in functions, and lots of bug
fixes.

Now that we're a TLP, releases will be much easier as our PMC votes
count. Here's some outstanding work that's coming in soon:
- local indexing (4.1 only).
- secondary index stability:
- misc in-progress enhancements:
- important, but implementation hasn't started:

I'm hoping we can target a release during the week of July 21st. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

James