Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2010/11/18 17:32:09 UTC

JSF and AJAX in Jetspeed

Has anyone cracked the secret of integrating AJAX with JSF components in
a jetspeed portal.

Ron

Re: JSF and AJAX in Jetspeed

Posted by Tim Garrett <tg...@saepio.com>.
I concur.  We have had very good luck with ICEfaces in Jetspeed.  If you
take advantage of ICEfaces features that allow navigation within a portlet
without full page refreshes, you will want to be conscious of how
traditional portlets alongside it might "feel" different.  If you are just
building out your own suite of portlets, I think you will be pretty happy.
Everyone has their own set of requirements though, so make sure to set aside
some time for prototyping.

Tim

On Nov 19, 2010 11:18 PM, "David Taylor" <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

Have you had a look at www.icefaces.org/  they have portlet support built in