Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by M El number one <af...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/03 16:34:08 UTC

get the xpath of a tag

Hi my name is Agustín and i want to get the xpath of a tag with an id.

for example if i have a buttom with the id = but1 ; I want to know what is
it xpath.
is ther a are any function to do this in xalan.

Thank you very much.

Agranda cinco veces tu buzón de Hotmail y envía adjuntos de hasta 3 Mb.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=es-es

Re: get the xpath of a tag

Posted by Christian Sell <ch...@netcologne.de>.
I know 2 tools that do this graphically: XPathExplorer and TreeBeard,
both @sourceforge.

christian

Re: get the xpath of a tag

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.

My "styling stylesheets" 2-part article on IBM's DeveloperWorks website
included a template which will generate a pseudo-XPath to a given node.
(And the text of the article discusses why it's only "pseudo".)

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-styless2/

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk