Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2008/04/01 00:17:48 UTC

Re: synonyms

: We've implemented a PortugueseSteemer. We want to let it available for
: everyone. Where can I commit it ?

If it's just a Stemmer that has no Solr dependencies (or a Stemmer built
as a TokenFilter) the best thing to do is contribute it to the
Lucene-Java project...

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute

...the best place for it to live would be in the contrib/analysis package.

make sure to note in the issue how it is differnet/better then the
existing Stemmers for Portuguese so people can differentiate it.

-Hoss