Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wk...@capesso.de on 2005/07/26 21:46:26 UTC

Problems with Tomcat 5.5.9

Greetings!!

I have a very simple page with runs in Tomcat 4.1.30 but not in Tomcat 5.5.9
The page will be displayed in the browser. When I input Text in
the input Field and press the Send Button, the form will be send
to the server but the method (showData) in the bean wouldn't be
called. After that the form is displayed again and the input
field is blank.
What is the problem with Tomcat 5.5.9

Here the Page

<%@ page pageEncoding="Cp1252" contentType="text/html; charset=Cp1252" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/extensions" prefix="x" %>
  <%@ include file="inc/head.inc" %>
    <f:view>
          <h:form>
           <h:inputText id="testfeld"
value="#{testBean.testfeld}"></h:inputText>
           <x:commandButton  action="#{testBean.showData}" value="Send">
           </x:commandButton>
      </h:form>
    </f:view>

An here the Bean

package de.test.view.bean;

public class TestBean extends BaseBean {
    private String testfeld;
    public TestBean() {
        super();
    }

    public String getTestfeld() {
        return testfeld;
    }
    public void setTestfeld(String testfeld) {
        this.testfeld = testfeld;
    }
    public String showData() {
        System.out.println("testfeld:"+testfeld);
        return "ok";
    }
}

Have anybody an hint for me? I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks and greetings,

Wolfgang Klaus

Re: Problems with Tomcat 5.5.9

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
During the website reshuffle we lost some of our Tomcat documentation.
 It should be restored later tonight.  In the meantime, here are the
Tomcat 5.5 notes that we have ...

    *  If your are using the binary version of MyFaces: MyFaces is
packaged so that it works with Tomcat5.0.x so the
WEB-INF/lib/jsp-2.0.jar and WEB-INF/lib/commons-el.jar JAR files must
be removed from your WAR files (including the examples).
    * If you are building from source: If you want to build MyFaces
from scratch to work with Tomcat 5.5.x, you have to set the property
tomcat.pre.5.5.version in the
$MYFACES_HOME/build/build.default.properties file to the value false.

HTH,

sean