Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by hh...@orgo.com on 2002/01/16 23:03:44 UTC

java.io.IOException: Illegal to flush within a custom tag ?

Yes, I've seen the bug report on this, and it says
that the JSP 1.1 spec makes it illegal to call flush() within
a custom tag, and using the pageContext.include("some.jsp")
method does just that, thus the error:

java.io.IOException: Illegal to flush within a custom tag

bug report:
http://w6.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2001/Jan/msg00640.html

But they say to use tomcat 4.0 to get past this bug because
the newer spec removed this restriction.  However, with
tomcat-4.0.1, I still get that error.  So has this
restriction really been removed or not yet?  Any other way
to include a jsp page within a nested custom tag?

thanks, John.

John W. Hager -- orgo services
email: hhager@orgo.com
  tel: 619.232.1829