Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ivan Garcia <iv...@yahoo.es> on 2008/01/09 10:05:15 UTC

Surefire-plugin 2.3.1 xml-apis classpath issue

Hi there,

Was there any change in surefire-plugin from version 3.2 to 3.2.1 that
changes the way xml apis are loaded for tests?

With version 3.2, I can add xercesIml in scope:test and use XSD validation.
After getting the upgrade to version 2.3.1 I'm getting this error:

nested exception is javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: Unable
to validate using XSD: Your JAXP provider
[org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl@12611a7] does not support
XML Schema. Are you running on Java 1.4 or below with Apache Crimson?
Upgrade to Apache Xerces (or Java 1.5) for full XSD support.
Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: Unable to
validate using XSD: Your JAXP provider
[org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl@12611a7] does not support
XML Schema. Are you running on Java 1.4 or below with Apache Crimson?
Upgrade to Apache Xerces (or Java 1.5) for full XSD support.

I have xercesImpl as test scope dependency and also have it installed in the
jdk/jre.

Using 3.2 plugin version XSD validation works fine

Any idea if this must be reported as a bug?

Thanks

Ivan Garcia