Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by David Forslund <dw...@lanl.gov> on 2000/08/10 07:03:18 UTC

Exec basedir problem

I'm running an exec task (jidl) to build the appropriate java code for my
application from idl. I'm seeing
a problem with the basedir being passed in and how it is interpreted on
WinNT.   The basedir
being passed in is correct and of the form: e:\project.   When an argument
is created from this
basedir and passed as an argument to exec the backslashes are removed
resulting in an incorrect
argument (verified by the -verbose flag).   How can I avoid this happening,
that is interpreting the backslash
as an explicit quote of the next character.

Thanks,

David W. Forslund                               dwf@lanl.gov
Advanced Computing Laboratory           http://www.acl.lanl.gov/~dwf
Los Alamos National Laboratory          Los Alamos, NM 87545
505-665-1907                                    FAX: 505-665-4939

Re: Exec basedir problem

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.
I'm still thinking too Unix centric I guess.

I wanted to make the argument processor smart enough to accept
everything an experienced Unix user could do and only generate output
that works on all platforms. I've come to understand that there is no
way to meet goal 1 without breaking funtionality on DOS based
platforms.

On Unix you can do

one argument for cammand. On Windows the first version has a totally
different meaning.

Should be fixed now, I have removed the special meaning of \
characters inside command lines.

Stefan