Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by Daniel Zhou <Da...@dataguise.com> on 2016/02/24 02:34:30 UTC

build error: GC overhead limit exceeded

Hi, all

I encountered the following error when building Eagle, any opinions?

[INFO] Building jar: /Users/yan/GithubProject/DaZhou/incubator-eagle/eagle-topology-assembly/target/eagle-topology-0.3.0-assembly.jar
Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive /Users/yan/.m2/repository/org/apache/ivy/ivy/2.4.0/ivy-2.4.0.jar
[ERROR] GC overhead limit exceeded -> [Help 1]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.commonscompress.archivers.zip.ZipLong.getBytes(ZipLong.java:136)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.commonscompress.archivers.zip.ZipArchiveOutputStream.writeDataDescriptor(ZipArchiveOutputStream.java:1121)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.commonscompress.archivers.zip.ZipArchiveOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipArchiveOutputStream.java:512)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.commonscompress.archivers.zip.ZipArchiveOutputStream.closeCopiedEntry(ZipArchiveOutputStream.java:504)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.commonscompress.archivers.zip.ZipArchiveOutputStream.addRawArchiveEntry(ZipArchiveOutputStream.java:557)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.commonscompress.archivers.zip.ScatterZipOutputStream.writeTo(ScatterZipOutputStream.java:116)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.commonscompress.archivers.zip.ParallelScatterZipCreator.writeTo(ParallelScatterZipCreator.java:209)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.ConcurrentJarCreator.writeTo(ConcurrentJarCreator.java:113)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.AbstractZipArchiver.close(AbstractZipArchiver.java:734)
at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.createArchive(AbstractArchiver.java:1043)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.archiver.AssemblyProxyArchiver.createArchive(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:437)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:181)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:484)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)

Thanks and regards,
Daniel

RE: build error: GC overhead limit exceeded

Posted by Daniel Zhou <Da...@dataguise.com>.
Thanks Ralph, it works. BTW, I'm a Chinese, XD

Regards,
Da

Posted by "Liangfei.Su" <su...@gmail.com>.
Daniel,