Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kurt <ku...@otown.com> on 2003/07/30 01:01:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: users Digest 29 Jul 2003 22:33:51 -0000 Issue 1116

Hi Joshua,

I appreciate your sticking with me and offering a couple of
alternatives.

I tried both of your suggested options and lordy, lordy, they BOTH seem
to work just fine!

Actually, I was trying to get Mason up and running.  It worked okay for
direct calls (which indicates Mason is doing its job) but crashed and
burned when I tried to get Mason to process a page with embedded code
via Apache.  The use of the .test extension was purely that - for
testing.  I haven't decided yet whether to process all .html files, or
use a separate extension for Mason (expect it will depend on what
percentage of pages actually HAVE embedded code), but either way,
setting up the server should be the same.  The purpose of the "test"
files was to isolate the problem, to ensure that it really WAS an
Apache problem.  (It appears that it is... but I'm still a little
confused why the original approach failed.)

Thanks for the help.

K.