Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Nadeesh Dilanga <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/06 03:33:17 UTC

Trying to invoke docker image

Started go through existing work flows and use the tool activity plugin to
simple run a
docker.

Re: Trying to invoke docker image

Posted by Nadeesh Dilanga <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alan,

Don't forget that you can ask for help on this mailing list - or look on
> stackoverflow :)

Thanks, if I got an error in future I'll ask for help from this mailing
list. Earlier I looked only stackoverflow.

So you plan to initially have a tool service that runs curl?

First I want to test the REST API from a REST client (Chrome REST
client/curl). So I can test that API works fine. Then I can make a simple
java client api that invoke those rest calls. So I can use it inside the
taverna plugin.

Postman app is a good one too. I searched about it.

> Have you considered using a blogging site to describe your progress?

No, but I'll make a new post in my blog to describe my progress in this
project.

Hi Stian,

IT would be good if you could take some notes, say in a blog or in the
> Taverna wiki about the different possibilities for communicating with the
> Docker engine.

I started to update my blog with a new post about this project. I'll
include facts about "different possibilities for communicating with Docker
engine". It's good to share my knowledge about this project with the help
of my blog.

Let us know if you want access to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAVERNADEV - I believe Gale
> can grant you access once you have registered.

Thanks, but I'd like to update my blog with the new facts I learn from this
project. I'll send a message to dev@taverna mailing list with a link of my
blog post.

Hi Gale,

> link to your blog post or wiki article. Thanks!

I'm still working on my new post about this project. After I complete it,
I'll send a message to dev@taverna mailing list with a link of my blog post.

It's nice to get help from you all. Thanks !  :)

Posted by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Hi! Thanks for your update.

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 15-May-16 15:30, Nadeesh Dilanga wrote:
> Hi Stian,

Hello

> I tried many things these days. Here I focused on core parts of the project.
> First I successfully built and run a simple workflow using 'FASTA' service.
> Here I used 'Taverna Workbench Core 2.5.0' IDE.
> Then I run a existing docker image which is called 'hello-world' and got an
> output like this 'Hello from Docker' etc.

Great.

> My next aim is to invoke docker through the REST API.
> I tried to enable REST API on Docker, but got an error.  Now I'm fixing it

Don't forget that you can ask for help on this mailing list - or look on
stackoverflow :)

> and hope to finish it ASAP. When it done I'm ready to use Chrome REST
> client through the activity plugin with the help of curl commands.

I use the PostMan app.

So you plan to initially have a tool service that runs curl?

> So then I can try these steps programmatically for the project.
> By the way right now, I'm creating a docker container and a docker image
> with the help of youtube videos. :)

Youtube is an excellent source of technical videos.

Have you considered using a blogging site to describe your progress?

Alan

Re: Trying to invoke docker image

Posted by Nadeesh Dilanga <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stian,