Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> on 2008/03/04 20:55:29 UTC

Release Plugin: How to specify next version

I am trying to find a way to specify the next version to be used by the maven
release plugin on the command line.

Basically, I have a project that is currently at version 1.0.9-SNAPSHOT and
would like the next release to be 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT after the 1.0.9 version is
released.  I saw another thread
(http://www.nabble.com/batch-release-of-a-set-of-projects-without-using-the-default-versioning-scheme-td11067663s177.html#a11067663)
that outlined how to do this using the release.properties file, but I was
wondering if there is a way to do this on the command line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John