Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tnovak <to...@firma.seznam.cz> on 2017/03/17 13:01:13 UTC

Cache consistency on node failure

Hello,

I'm using partitioned cache with backup configured, so this setup is immune
to single node failure.

What happens on multi-node failure when part of the cache is lost? Is there
a way to disable the cache so clients will fail instead of reading
false-negative answers?

It is possible to solve this using cacheLoad on server nodes or there will
be still a gap before new node is initialized?

Best regards, Tomas

Re: Cache consistency on node failure

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

A part of a partitioned cache could be lost in a case when primary and
backup nodes all go down.
In this case, partitions will be rebalanced to the remaining nodes and
these nodes will be able to load
data from cache store.
Regarding the second part of the question, you could listen for missed
partition events and do custom logic.
But there are no guarantees that the entries wouldn't be updated from other
nodes.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM, tnovak [via Apache Ignite Users] <
ml-node+s70518n11280h14@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using partitioned cache with backup configured, so this setup is
> immune to single node failure.
>
> What happens on multi-node failure when part of the cache is lost? Is
> there a way to disable the cache so clients will fail instead of reading
> false-negative answers?
>
> It is possible to solve this using cacheLoad on server nodes or there will
> be still a gap before new node is initialized?
>
> Best regards, Tomas

> .
> NAML

Kind regards,