Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2014/02/05 19:58:37 UTC

Fwd: Re: Bug Fix Release Date

Forwarding this to the dev@ list...

TL;DR: Fine by me if we're OK to release with a workaround and without
a fixed Guava version.

> This bug is really hurting our users. We need to stop the bleeding.
> Were constantly asking users to use a snapshot release but what we
> really need to do is give them a proper release with the workaround.
>
> I think we should do a 1.7.1 release as soon as possible.

Can do, as long as we're OK with the fact that the release will
contain the workaround we had to apply. 1.7.x is still on Guava 15 and
as far as I can see the Guava team has not released a patch for that
(although there are users in the issue asking for that).

Bumping 1.7.x to a different Guava version was "out of bounds" last I
recall, as users have complained about the previously too.

ap

Re: Bug Fix Release Date

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
I'll start the release process right now. Consider the 1.7.x branch frozen!

Re: Bug Fix Release Date

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bug Fix Release Date

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Re: Bug Fix Release Date

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good - I'll kick myself to the office fast enough to be on by 7am
PST (so 4pm CET). =)

A.

Re: Bug Fix Release Date

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.