Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mighty Tornado <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 22:56:30 UTC

Restarting Tomcat with Ant

Hi,
I used the following configuration:

<property name="TOMCAT" location="/usr/local/tomcat"/>

<target name="stop-tomcat">

<exec dir="${TOMCAT}/bin/" executable="shutdown.sh" />

</target>
but it failed. Told me it cannot find the shell script.

Could anyone please suggest why this is happening?

Re: Restarting Tomcat with Ant

Posted by Mighty Tornado <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,
It worked.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:10 AM, <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> > <property name="TOMCAT" location="/usr/local/tomcat"/>
> >
> > <target name="stop-tomcat">
> >
> > <exec dir="${TOMCAT}/bin/" executable="shutdown.sh" />
> >
> > </target>
> > but it failed. Told me it cannot find the shell script.
> >
> > Could anyone please suggest why this is happening?
>

> <exec executable> specifies what command to run.
>
> <exec dir> specifies where the command should be run. But it does NOT
> specify where the executable should be found.
>
> You could try <exec resolveexecutable|searchpath>.
>
> BUT *.sh are not commands that could be run by the operating system.
> These
> files are run by a command shell.
> http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#batch-shell-execute
>
> Try
>  <exec executable="sh">
>    <arg value="-c"/>
>    <arg value="${TOMCAT}/bin/shutdown.sh"/>
>  </exec>
>

> Jan

AW: Restarting Tomcat with Ant

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.