Posted to user@flink.apache.org by David Olsen <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/05 09:05:41 UTC

java.io.IOException: Couldn't access resultSet

Following the sample on the flink website[1] to test jdbc I encountered an
error "Couldn't access resultSet". It looks like the nextRecord is called
before open() function. However I've called open() when I construct jdbc
input format. Any functions I should call before job submission?

def jdbc()= {
  val jdbcif =
JDBCInputFormat.buildJDBCInputFormat.setDrivername("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").setDBUrl("jdbc:mysql://localhost/test").setQuery("select
name from department").setUsername(...).setPassword(...).finish
  jdbcif.open(null)
  jdbcif.asInstanceOf[JDBCInputFormat[Tuple1[String]]]
}

def main(args: Array[String]) {
    val env = StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment // ->
import org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment
    val evidence$6 = new TupleTypeInfo(classOf[Tuple1[String]],
STRING_TYPE_INFO)
    val stream = env.createInput(jdbc(), evidence$6)
    stream.map ( new MapFunction[Tuple1[String], String]() {
      override def map(tuple: Tuple1[String]): String = tuple.getField(0)
    }).returns(classOf[String]).writeAsText("/path/to/jdbc")
    env.execute("test-flink")
}

The version used in this test is flink 1.0.3 and scala 2.11.

[1]. https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/batch/

Re: java.io.IOException: Couldn't access resultSet

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
open() not being called is a valuable observation, but from then on out
i have problems following you.

within hasNext() we first check whether exhausted is true, and if so
return false. Since it is initialized with false we will not return here.
this seems like correct behaviour.

I have one question though: what parallelism does the source run with?

Posted by David Olsen <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.