Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aidan Whitehall <Ai...@Fairbanks.co.uk> on 2003/06/27 11:19:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Win32 update

If you're running 2.0.44 on W2K Server and install 2.0.46 over the top
to update it, is there any risk of the new install overwriting all the
adjustments that have been made in httpd.conf?

Obviously I'll back up the original, but if it does overwrite it or
alter any pre-existing settings, it'd be a painstaking job of doing a
comparison between the two files and merging the differences, which I'd
rather avoid.

Thanks

--
Aidan Whitehall <ma...@fairbanks.co.uk>
Macromedia ColdFusion Developer

http://www.star.net.uk

RE: [users@httpd] Win32 update

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Next time before you to it that way, you better read all the CHANGES in the
new version.
If you gonna upgrade two versions at once, make sure to read the same file
but to put attention on both new versions changes.
Sometimes switches or directive are changed - but that really a major update
and didn't happen since v.2.0.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com