Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Dario Cecere <da...@elexar.net> on 2006/09/19 10:01:27 UTC

Ibatis.net 1.51 1:N or N:M clarification

Hi, this is my first list message! first i would like to thank you every
developer for the great work done

I'm using 1.5.1 NET DataMapper to design a domain, and i need to model
some classses such as there are someone that have complex lists
attached, and i cannot use lazy loading (i need ALWAYS access to the
child objects),

Looking in the ibatis.net 1.5.1 documentation, i don't know if a JOIN
with 1.N or N:M scenario is supported, e .g. if i can use the
resultMapping="" attribute on resultmap with a IList Property, and in
such case how the resultset will be "splitted" between parent and child
object  (i guess would be accoring to the parent primary key, but what
if it is not present in the command?)

(Documentation says that the feature is not supported but active
discussions are in place, but after these words there is a box that
reccomend not to use JOIN always in a 1:N or M:N scenario versus
lazyloading, so i'm asking for this)

Another question: would be great to have Ibatis.net supports field
(private, protected), and i saw that 1.5.1 only maps public properties,
altough in this mailing list i noticed some messages regarding this
support, maybe is under developement ?

Thanks in advance, (i know, there are great features implemented and
people asks for other more complex......)

Dario Cecere

Re: Ibatis.net 1.51 1:N or N:M clarification

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
On 9/19/06, Dario Cecere <da...@elexar.net> wrote:
> Hi, this is my first list message! first i would like to thank you every
> developer for the great work done
>
> I'm using 1.5.1 NET DataMapper to design a domain, and i need to model
> some classses such as there are someone that have complex lists
> attached, and i cannot use lazy loading (i need ALWAYS access to the
> child objects),
>
> Looking in the ibatis.net 1.5.1 documentation, i don't know if a JOIN
> with 1.N or N:M scenario is supported, e .g. if i can use the
> resultMapping="" attribute on resultmap with a IList Property, and in
> such case how the resultset will be "splitted" between parent and child
> object  (i guess would be accoring to the parent primary key, but what
> if it is not present in the command?)

I gess you speack of
3.5.13. Avoiding N+1 Select Lists (1:M and M:N)
As write, the feature that resolves this issue is not implemented but
will be in the next release with the attribute groupBy à la Java.

> (Documentation says that the feature is not supported but active
> discussions are in place, but after these words there is a box that
> reccomend not to use JOIN always in a 1:N or M:N scenario versus
> lazyloading, so i'm asking for this)
>
> Another question: would be great to have Ibatis.net supports field
> (private, protected), and i saw that 1.5.1 only maps public properties,
> altough in this mailing list i noticed some messages regarding this
> support, maybe is under developement ?

iBATIS support private/public/protected field,
public/private/protected properties as constructor.

Documentation
3.5.4.1. property
The property attribute is the name of a field or a property of the
result object that will be returned by the Mapped Statement. The name
can be used more than once depending on the number of times it is
needed to populate the results.

--
Cheers,
Gilles