Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by samlai <sy...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/06 00:36:36 UTC

IE8 Compatibility Quick Fix

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36047

I have to put the following meta tag right after <head> in order for IE8 to
pickup.

<head>

Currently, I have some CSS includes that's automatically inserted right
after <head>.  What's the best way to add that meta tag before those CSS
includes?  Thanks.

Re: IE8 Compatibility Quick Fix

Posted by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk>.
You should be able to do this with a MarkupRendererFilter
If you write one and contribute it to

public void
contributeMarkupRenderer(OrderedConfiguration<MarkupRendererFilter>
configuration){
}

It will give you access to the write object before/after the render. That
will let you add anything you like to the head.

(This is how @IncludeStyleSheet works).

Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk
ben@gidley.co.uk

Posted by samlai <sy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.

Posted by Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Valentin Yerastov <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hello, I use for this servlet filter.

public class IE8CompatibleFilter implements Filter {

	@Override
	public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response,
			FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {
		if (response instanceof HttpServletResponse) {
			((HttpServletResponse)response).setHeader("X-UA-Compatible",
"IE=EmulateIE7");
		}
		chain.doFilter(request, response);
	}