Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ishan Chhabra <ic...@rocketfuel.com> on 2014/03/24 05:32:31 UTC

Regressions on upgrading from 0.94 to 0.96

When looking at HBASE-8063<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8063>,
I noticed that it was backported to 0.94
(HBASE-8198<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8198>)
but not to 0.96. I don't know if this was intentional or if it was just
missed. Missing this patch could impact performance on certain kinds of
queries.

Are there any other known features/fixes that did not get ported to 0.96
but got ported to 0.94?

--
*Ishan Chhabra *| Rocket Scientist | RocketFuel Inc.

Re: Regressions on upgrading from 0.94 to 0.96

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:44 AM, lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> Yeah. Sorry. That's not good. I usually make sure that does not happen,
> but I missed that one.
>
> I don't know what to do about issues like this. The RM's can't possibly
> watch all issues. Another area where I find this a lot is with bug fixes
> that are committed to 0.96 or 0.98 and later, but the committer forgets
> about 0.94. I try to catch all these things, but some will slip.
>
> So here's a renewed call to all committers (including myself):
> - There should never be a feature gap (i.e. a feature in 0.94, not in
> 0.96, but then again 0.98). All committers should check for that.
> - Bugfixes should always be considered as to whether they'd useful for
> earlier releases. Unless the area of code is new the likely answer is yes.

Amen.
St.Ack

Re: Regressions on upgrading from 0.94 to 0.96

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I filed HBASE-10819

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Regressions on upgrading from 0.94 to 0.96

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.