Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Nilay Mishra <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/21 15:34:36 UTC

Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM

Hi All,

I am getting following error while making new Jcloud project by using
Maven.
I have just selected archtype and clicked next, every things are system
generated but still i am getting <Parent> error in my POM.xml file.

Can some one please help me on this. ?

Error Message.

*Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find
org.jclouds:jclouds-project:pom:1.6.0-SNAPSHOT in
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/>*
* snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be
reattempted until the update interval of sonatype-nexus-snapshots has
elapsed or updates are *
* forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM*

--
Thanks

*Regards*
*Nilay Mishra*
Mob:+91 8792115541

Re: Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> But still one issue. I have creates same Maven project but this time i have
> replaces POM.xml and other code by simple example which i have downloaded
> from Github.

Could you put the POM in a Gist or Pastie [1, 2] for us?

Thanks!

ap

[1] https://gist.github.com
[2] https://pastie.org

Re: Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> To get started with jclouds the best approach is to have a look at the
> examples repo [1] and copy or use some of its projects, such as the
> compute-basics, as a reference.

You may also want to look at:

https://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/Create%20a%20New%20API%20or%20Provider

That's a work-in-progress doc, so any comments/suggestions are appreciated!

ap

Re: Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Nilay,

The existing archetypes had the purpose of building new jclouds components,
not building client applications. Anyway, they are obsolete but we can't
get rid of them as they are in Maven Central.

To get started with jclouds the best approach is to have a look at the
examples repo [1] and copy or use some of its projects, such as the
compute-basics, as a reference.

Let us know if this works for you!

Ignasi

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples