Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org> on 2003/05/22 19:40:04 UTC

[users@httpd] OT Re: [users@httpd] Removing General Host Config From httpd.conf

[this has went OT]

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 01:30  PM, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

> Actually, I just open it in pico and hit ctrl+w to do searches, but
> some terms (like log files) are repeated numerous times through out
> the doc.

Well, then to see *how bad* it could be BEFORE you use pico (I like
nano better) try --

grep -ic SomeSearchString *log

Cheers =)

http://insecurity.org/
_Sx____________________
  ('>    iudicium ferat
  //\   Have Computer -
  v_/_    Will Hack...

               \|/ ____ \|/
               "@'/ .. \`@"
               /_| \__/ |_\
                  \__U_/

Re: [users@httpd] OT Re: [users@httpd] Removing General Host Config From httpd.conf

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
WC -Sx- Jones wrote:
> [this has went OT]
>
> On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 01:30  PM, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
>
>> Actually, I just open it in pico and hit ctrl+w to do searches, but
>> some terms (like log files) are repeated numerous times through out
>> the doc.
>

> Well, then to see *how bad* it could be BEFORE you use pico (I like nano
> better) try --

Um, I've used both (nano and pico) and they are basically the same
editor. :-p

> grep -ic SomeSearchString *log

Someday. ;)

> Cheers =)