Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2002/03/29 21:23:45 UTC

Re: revision bars

Rodolphe VAGNER wrote:
> I have to display revision bars on a document.
> Do you think I can display those bars
> - with XSL  (if possible, and I think it's not )

It is possible in certain situations. If it is possible
to mark all block level elements, gather them into
a fo:block and set border-start-style="solid" or something.
If the marks have to match the lines exactly, or if you
have to generate a book where the marks have to be on
the outer side of the page, well, then it's impossible
with standard elements. You can try to implement extension
elements in FOP for starting/ending revision bars.

> - by inserting invisible marks in the PDF and have a post treatment on
> the PDK
> with the Adobe SDK. So, what kind of mark can I use ??
No idea.

J.Pietschmann