Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/10 12:20:48 UTC

rubbish files exist in HDFS

I see this core Improvement in release 1.0, JIRA url :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-926

However, after my test and check the source code , I find some rubbish(I am not
sure) file in HDFS.

First, kylin only drop the Intermediate table in hive, but the table is an
EXTERNAL table, the file still exist in kylin tmp directory in HDFS(I check
that..)

Second, the cuboid files take a large space in HDFS, and kylin do not
delete after the cube build(fact_distinct_columns files exist too). I am
not sure if those has other effects, remind me please if it has..

Third, After I discard a job, I think kylin should delete the Intermediate
files and drop Intermediate hive table, even though delete
them asynchronous. I think those data do not have any effects..remind me
please if it has..

These are rubbish datas still exist in current version(kylin-1.0), please
check, thanks..

Re: rubbish files exist in HDFS

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@gmail.com>.
BTW, actually you can treat v1.0 as 0.7.3; it is compatible with 0.7.x;
Suggest you upgrade to v1.1 directly, which will be released soon and
includes a couple of bug fixes and performance enhancements;

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhilash,

Posted by Abhilash L L <ab...@infoworks.io>.
Hello,

Posted by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yerui Sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi, yu feng,

Posted by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
You are right Yu, that files will be input as source during merge.

It could be cleaned up after merge.

so that's actually just long-temporary files.

Thanks.

Best Regards!

Luke Han

Posted by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.
Good summary and answer, thank you Yerui!

Posted by Yerui Sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi, yu feng,