Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Derek Scherger <de...@echologic.com> on 2004/06/15 04:54:27 UTC

web app dynamic configuration

Hi folks, I've got a bit of a start on a servlet that allows dynamic configuration changes
to log levels used by various Logger's. It already is quite useful for me as it allows
changes to be made to a running/deployed web-app without restarting or re-deploying.

If this was included in the log4j.jar it would be a simple matter of adding the
appropriate servlet and servlet-mapping elements to the application's web.xml to enable it
whenever necessary.

If there is any general interest in such a thing I'd be happy to clean it up a bit more
and then post it to the dev list, but I thought I'd start here to see what people might
think. If this already exists in some other form then I guess I've already re-invented the
wheel.

Please let me know either way.
--
Cheers,