Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alex <az...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 05:27:29 UTC

Lucene spatial status

Hi,

I was wondering what was missing in the current spatial contrib to work
properly ( especially the distance scoring/ ordering part).
I see that you guys prepared a
DistanceQuery.java<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12441892/DistanceQuery.java>that
should wrap up everything nicely.
If I remember correctly there was a problem related to multi-segment
searching for the distance scoring to work as expected.
What can I do to have it working properly ?
Can  I help in any way ?

Thanks for your feedback ?

Re: Lucene spatial status

Posted by Chris Male <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

The spatial contrib has been under heavy development in the last 12 months,
and if you look at the JIRA for the contrib, you'll notice there are alot of
open issues which we are working through.  The latest issue of major concern
is there are some bugs within the cartesian tier filtering process.

If you would like to help, take a look at some of the issues in JIRA and
also some of the recent discussions about spatial in the dev mailinglist.
 We are always on the lookout for more assistance.

Thanks
Chris

--
Chris Male | Software Developer | JTeam BV.| www.jteam.nl