Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniele Dellafiore <il...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 22:05:44 UTC

CA certificate issue while deploying via DAV

Hi.

maven 3.0.3, ubuntu linux 11.04 with both OpenJDK and Oracle JDK 6

Launching a mvn deploly on a dav:https repository gives me this:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.6:deploy (default-deploy) on
project pipelean.sdk: Failed to retrieve remote metadata
com.pipelean.sdk:pipelean.sdk:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml: Could not
transfer metadata
com.pipelean.sdk:pipelean.sdk:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to
cloudbees-private-snapshot-repository (dav:
https://repository-pipelean.forge.cloudbees.com/snapshot):
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: CA key usage check failed:
keyCertSign bit is not set

Here's the template settings.xml I'm using
https://cloudbees.zendesk.com/attachments/token/rmg04yx4dm2o6x8/?name=settings.xml

found on this instructions page:
https://cloudbees.zendesk.com/entries/252254-cloudbees-private-maven-repository-howto

And the distribution repository is configured like:

<snapshotRepository>
      <id>cloudbees-private-snapshot-repository</id>
      <url>dav:https://repository-pipelean.forge.cloudbees.com/snapshot
</url>
</snapshotRepository>

I'm stuck here, no idea on how to proceed. I hope someone got some helpful
advice.

Thanks.

--
Daniele Dellafiore
http://danieledellafiore.net

Re: CA certificate issue while deploying via DAV

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed:
> java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: CA key usage check failed:
> keyCertSign bit is not set

I found some blog posts talking about this problem by checking Google.
This seems to be an SSL problem related to certs and thus its not
really something we can help you fix. I would talk to the Cloudbees
guys to see what they suggest.

http://vuksan.com/blog/2009/08/27/howto-install-a-ssl-certificate-with-intermediate-certificate-on-a-cisco-load-balancer/

Wayne

Re: CA certificate issue while deploying via DAV

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I've read this but I do not understand what to do.. does that fix the
> problem for you?

You probably need a Linux expert to help get this working properly. As
I already stated, talk to the Cloudbees guys -- you are paying them
this service which includes support etc, right?

Wayne

Re: CA certificate issue while deploying via DAV

Posted by Daniele Dellafiore <da...@dellafiore.net>.
I've read this but I do not understand what to do.. does that fix the
problem for you?

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
For me it was the same as