Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Paco1 <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/29 20:02:03 UTC

HTTP Request Defaults path problem

The format of the address I am trying to use is
http://servername.com/blahblah/whatever.html
(sorry for the stupid nomenclature, real address redacted for security
issues)

I need to use the path attribute in HTTP Request Defaults to strip out the
/blahblah portion.
I currently have it set up as follows:
HTTP Request Defaults
 > Server Name or IP: servername.com

Then in the HTTP Request I have the path set to /whatever.html

My problem is that the path I set in the HTTP Requests Default gets ignored
and jmeter ends up requesting http://servername.com/whatever.html instead of
http://servername.com/blahblah/whatever.html

Any ideas of getting jmeter to use the default path I set would be much
appreciated (:

Re: HTTP Request Defaults path problem

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The HTTP Request defaults config item is just that - a set of defaults.

If you specify a path on the sampler, that path will be used,
otherwise the default will be used.

You can't use the default as a prefix.