Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Dengke Du <de...@windriver.com> on 2016/12/14 03:30:29 UTC

configure.in: cross-compile

Hi all

When apr used in cross-compile, it pass 8 bytes to ac_cv_sizeof_off_t by
the following:

     APR_CHECK_SIZEOF_EXTENDED([#include <sys/types.h>], off_t, 8)

at the line 1789 in configure.in

But when the target is x86, the apr configure as "off_t = 8", but in
glibc the size of off_t is 4, so it maybe error, when we use the apr.h,

such as subversion.

// Dengke

Re: configure.in: cross-compile

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 9:30 PM, Dengke Du <de...@windriver.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> When apr used in cross-compile, it pass 8 bytes to ac_cv_sizeof_off_t by
> the following:
>
>     APR_CHECK_SIZEOF_EXTENDED([#include <sys/types.h>], off_t, 8)
>
> at the line 1789 in configure.in
>
> But when the target is x86, the apr configure as "off_t = 8", but in glibc
> the size of off_t is 4, so it maybe error, when we use the apr.h,
>
> such as subversion.

Hopefully this is not fatal, since the byte-alignment remains a multiple of
the target platform alignment. But the converse could be quite bad.

APR_... are all custom .m4 macros and were designed with only any
attention paid to the build platform.

Patches are very warmly welcomed!