Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2005/09/01 14:02:34 UTC

Re: SVG Image cropping/positioning

Richard, is there a problem left to be looked at? I'm not sure from
reading your posts.

On 31.08.2005 15:43:21 richardw wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > Weird. This test case works for me and it is not disabled (see
>  > disabled-testcases.txt).
>  >
>  > What does the Area Tree XML look like (found in
>  > build/test-results/layoutengine)?
>
> Sorry. Ignore the previous mail. I'm being an idiot. I'd left in
> some of the test code I'd added to try and fix the problem and it
> just broke the test case,
>
> Richard

Jeremias Maerki

Re: SVG Image cropping/positioning

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Fixed:

On 05.09.2005 15:53:47 richardw wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > > > I'm starting now. I've had to rename inline_block_nested_\#36248.xml
>  > > > to inline_block_nested_bug36248.xml to get the junit task to build.
>  >
>  > Unix???? Which OS?
>
> Linux,
>
> Richard

Jeremias Maerki

Re: SVG Image cropping/positioning

Posted by ri...@geoquip-rnd.demon.co.uk.
Jeremias Maerki writes:
 > > > I'm starting now. I've had to rename inline_block_nested_\#36248.xml
 > > > to inline_block_nested_bug36248.xml to get the junit task to build.
 >
 > Unix???? Which OS?

Linux,

Richard

Re: SVG Image cropping/positioning

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

<snip/>

>>ipda is the absolute position in the Inline Progress Dimension (x coord
>>in Left to Right Mode)
>

> Nope. ipda is the allocated inline-progression-dimension which is the
> "ipd" above plus the start and end border and padding widths, i.e. the
> allocation rectangle. "a" stands for allocation. It is a bit unclear
> right now which allocation rectangle is meant here. There are several
> different allocation rectangles defined in the spec.

Ooppss. Oh well, Ive learnt something new.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: SVG Image cropping/positioning

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 05.09.2005 15:30:20 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> richardw@geoquip-rnd.demon.co.uk wrote:
>
> > Jeremias Maerki writes:
> >  > I haven't found anything odd, yet. Looking forward to your test cases.
> >
> > I'm starting now. I've had to rename inline_block_nested_\#36248.xml
> > to inline_block_nested_bug36248.xml to get the junit task to build.

Unix???? Which OS?

> > Can you please point me to an explaination of the following:
> >
> >   <checks>
> >     <eval expected="100000" xpath="//flow/block[2]/lineArea/viewport/@ipd"/>
> >     <eval expected="100000" xpath="//flow/block[2]/lineArea/viewport/@ipda"/>
> >     <eval expected="100000" xpath="//flow/block[2]/lineArea/viewport/@bpd"/>
> >     <eval expected="100000" xpath="//flow/block[2]/lineArea/viewport/@bpda"/>
> >   </checks>
> >
> > i.e. What are ipd, bpda, etc. ?
>
> ipd (in Left to Right mode) is width of the Area.

ipd = short for inline-progression-dimension.

ipd here is  the extent in inline-progression-dimension of the
content-rectangle of an area.

> bpd (in Left to Right mode) is the height of the Area

ipd = short for block-progression-dimension.

bpd here is  the extent in block-progression-dimension of the
content-rectangle of an area.

> ipda is the absolute position in the Inline Progress Dimension (x coord
> in Left to Right Mode)

Nope. ipda is the allocated inline-progression-dimension which is the
"ipd" above plus the start and end border and padding widths, i.e. the
allocation rectangle. "a" stands for allocation. It is a bit unclear
right now which allocation rectangle is meant here. There are several
different allocation rectangles defined in the spec.

> bpda is the absolute position in the Block Progression Dimension (y
> coord in Left to Right Mode)

Same here. bpda is bpd + before|after border and padding width.

Note that the area tree does not have any explicit X and Y coordinates
except for the absolute or fixed positioning of block-containers and
these coordinates are still always relative to a specific point. All
other coordinates in the area are only implicitely known by the
renderers which keep track using the currentBPPosition and
currentIPPosition member variables.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: SVG Image cropping/positioning

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 01.09.2005 16:21:43 richardw wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > Richard, is there a problem left to be looked at? I'm not sure from
>  > reading your posts.
>
> Yes. The external svg handling is broken. I'll get some new
> testcases together at some point to demonstrate the effect. In
> the meantime just get two or three large svg images and
> reference them using fo:external-graphic. The problems should
> be obvious using either the awt viewer or the pdf renderer,
>
> Richard

Jeremias Maerki