Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Stefaan Nachtergaele <do...@nachtergaele.net> on 2003/05/21 21:36:27 UTC

tab without a menu not rendering nicely

I have several tabs, but not all of them need to have a menu structure
under them, however the rendering of an empty tab is ugly: A small menu
area with the menu background but no menu items. How do I make forrest
render an even bar when an "empty" tab is selected.

Regards,
Stefaan Nachtergaele

Re: tab without a menu not rendering nicely

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:36:27PM +0200, Stefaan Nachtergaele wrote:
> I have several tabs, but not all of them need to have a menu structure
> under them, however the rendering of an empty tab is ugly: A small menu
> area with the menu background but no menu items. How do I make forrest
> render an even bar when an "empty" tab is selected.

Fixed in forrest and krysalis skins.

--Jeff

Posted by Stefaan Nachtergaele <do...@nachtergaele.net>.
Change the "Regards," to "thanks in advance," :-)

ciao,
Stefaan Nachtergaele

Posted by Stefaan Nachtergaele <do...@nachtergaele.net>.
still not working as far as I can tell. I'm running the development
version (cvs as of today). the graphic I've attached illustrates the
problem. There is an empty tab "subdir". It attempts to render an empty
menu.

I did:
1. forrest seed.
2. edited forrest.properties ==> project.skin=krysalis-site
3. edited tabs.xml which now is:
<tabs software="MyProj"
  title="MyProj"
  copyright="Foo"
  <tab label="Home" dir=""/>
  <tab label="subdir" dir="subdir" />
</tabs>
4. in the subdir directory
there is a dummy index.xml. Also there is a book.xml which is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Cocoon Documentation Book
V1.0//EN" "book-cocoon-v10.dtd">
<book software="MyProj"
  title="MyProj"
  copyright="@year@ The Apache Software Foundation"
<menu label=""/>
</book>
I tried the to the to leave the book element empty but the dtd does not
allow this.

Thanks,