Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com> on 2013/06/18 19:14:58 UTC

CLI: suggested change to "platform ls" command

I had two issues submitted recently, for suggestions to tweaking that
particular command/api:

[1]: remove the explicit "ls" command
[2]: have "platform(s)" by itself be the ls command, and expand on what it
returns. Not only the currently-installed platforms for a project, but
also which platforms are available and unavailable to install (I.e. Ones
where the check_requirements script passes/fails).

Thoughts?

RE: suggested change to "platform ls" command

Posted by "Wargo, John" <jo...@sap.com>.
I think cordova platforms by itself is enough. Why not leave ls but respond correctly if ls isn't included on the command line.

John M. Wargo
SAP | Charlotte, NC | USA
Office: +1 704.321.0265 | Mobile: +1 704.249.7476
Email: john.wargo@sap.com

Re: CLI: suggested change to "platform ls" command

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Here's another take that, after discussing with Mike Brooks about, makes
more sense: introducing a `supports` API, something like:

cordova platform supports android

AND

cordova supports android

Both would invoke the same thing: essentially shelling out to
./bin/check_reqs for each platform. From an API standpoint for downstream
distributions, this makes sense.

Perhaps tying `cordova platform ls` into this functionality makes sense..

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.