Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Marcelo Elias Del Valle <mv...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/20 23:48:32 UTC

net flix priam - use outside of amazon aws

Hello,

    I Currently use Netflix Priam to create backups of sstables to Amazon
S3. I like how it works, as it can create continuous backups as well as
snapshots, but I personally don`t like to be tied to a vendor, in this
case, Amazon.
    Does anybody know if there is some similar tool to do backups for
Cassandra and could run in any data center?

Best regards,
--
Marcelo Elias Del Valle
http://mvalle.com - @mvallebr

Re: net flix priam - use outside of amazon aws

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Marcelo Elias Del Valle
<mv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>     I Currently use Netflix Priam to create backups of sstables to Amazon
> S3. I like how it works, as it can create continuous backups as well as
> snapshots, but I personally don`t like to be tied to a vendor, in this case,
> Amazon.
>     Does anybody know if there is some similar tool to do backups for
> Cassandra and could run in any data center?

There is tablesnap/slurp/chop, which :

1) still depends on S3 as the storage location
2) but doesn't depend on other amazon stuff
3) and doesn't depend on other Priam stuff
4) but doesn't do commit-log streaming, unlike (IIRC) modern Priam

https://github.com/synack/tablesnap

=Rob