Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hontvári József <jh...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/09 21:05:30 UTC

Mireka, an SMTP proxy, using Apache James subprojects

Hello,

I would like to inform you about the first release of the Mireka
SMTP proxy, which is currently used in front of Apache James Server
instances, and uses two James subprojects, Mime4J and jSPF.
Mireka can help to prevent or diagnose mail problems, like outgoing
backscatter spam. It provides detailed logging, statistics and built-in,
fail-fast filters. It is now running on two production servers and
accepts about 50 000 mail transactions daily.

Home page: http://code.google.com/p/mireka/

Features:
 - easy installation on Windows, Linux, etc.
 - detailed logging
 - basic mail traffic statistics
 - filtering by DNSBL
 - filtering by SPF
 - accepting mail only for local domains and recipients
 - wildcards (regular expressions) can be used to specify local recipients
 - basic tarpit, to prevent e-mail address harvesting
 - loop detection
 - configurable maximum mail message size
 - easy implementation and installation of custom filters
 - (planned) separate RFC 4409 message submission port

Thank you,
Hontvari Jozsef

Re: Mireka, an SMTP proxy, using Apache James subprojects

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Nice to hear that the projects were helpful to you. If you have any
ideas about what could be improved just tell us. Feedback is always
welcome. iwill try to have a look on mireka later today.

Bye
norman

Posted by Hontvári József <jh...@gmail.com>.
I don't know much about DKIM yet, but it seems to be an interesting
thing, and it may have some benefit in my daily work. You did/do the
hard work by releasing the library, it will be a pleasure for me to
integrate it.

J.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Well, that's cool!