Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/01 09:21:47 UTC

Re: async operation is not fair async

Igniters,

I've re-read this thread in brief. As far as I know this change is not
coming from some company, so this change will be at least good for healthy
community building.

And I didn't find any obstacles why not to implement approach with new mode
.withFairAsync() for cases user is completely aware of consequences.

It could be not public API to avoid anyone will use it. It could be
used,e.g. in integrations and by qualified users to gain as much
throutghput as it is possible.

So I would like to be an sponsor here. If anyone or Dmitriy G. will
contribute this change, I will merge it. I hope PMCs are agree here and
will not veto this change.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: what are the tehcniques to automatically detect changes in Multiple DBs and automatically push them into Ignite Cache

Posted by Deepa Kolwalkar <de...@tcs.com>.
Thanks Juan ..  I will check on the same

From:   "Juan Rodríguez Hortalá" <ju...@gmail.com>
To:     user@ignite.apache.org
Date:   07-08-2018 08:44
Subject:        Re: what are the tehcniques to automatically detect
changes in Multiple DBs and automatically push them into Ignite Cache

That looks like something you could do with Kafka connect
https://www.confluent.io/product/connectors/ using the jdbc source and the
ignite sink. Just my 2 cents

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 07:19 Deepa Kolwalkar <de...@tcs.com>
wrote:
Thanks Prasad for your suggestions.

The Legacy sytems are on different platforms and some of them are products
.. so there is no way of implementing any custom logic in such products to
send update messages. The Legacy Systems remain a black-box to us with
only its DB which is accessible for viewing..

Regards

From:        "Prasad Bhalerao" <pr...@gmail.com>
To:        user@ignite.apache.org
Date:        06-08-2018 16:51
changes in Multiple DBs and automatically push them into Ignite Cache

Can this back office legacy system send you a DB update message or can you
make this back office system to send you DB update message?

If yes then you can have the Id/primary key, DB operation and table name
in this DB update message.

In your application you use this information to refresh your cache using
read through mechanism.

Thanks,
Prasad

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 3:02 PM Deepa Kolwalkar <de...@tcs.com>
wrote:
Thanks Denis.

But as I mentioned in earlier mail, the Caches are meant to be Read-Only
(only to be used by Microservices for fetching data).
The Databases are updated by backoffice legacy systems.  Hence we cannot
do a Write-through to the DBs via the CacheStore API.

If anyone has used the Gridgain GoldenGate Adapter, then we would be glad
to hear about any challenges/short-comings if any.

Regards

From:        Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>
To:        user@ignite.apache.org
Date:        06-08-2018 13:18
changes in Multiple DBs and automatically push them into Ignite Cache

There is no such feature in Ignite.
If you know, how to subscribe for events in the external database, then
you can implement this logic yourself.
You just need to perform put into Ignite cache for every insert into the
external DB.

But the recommended way to do it is to perform writing on Ignite.
Cache store with write-through enabled will take care of writing the data
into the external DB.

Denis

вс, 5 авг. 2018 г. в 17:32, Deepa Kolwalkar <de...@tcs.com>:
We have a requirement where Changes to data from Multiple DBs need to be
periodically & automatically Pushed (not sure how) into various Ignite
Caches
Once the Data is available in the Ignite Caches, it will be persisted
using Ignite Native Persistence, so that in the event of a crash, the Data
can be loaded from Native Persistence.
The Caches will be used in read-only manner by Clients (Microservices) .

What is the Best technique for having Changes to data from Multiple DBs to
be automatically put into the Ignite Caches ?

While searching for this solution i came across this link :
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Any-references-Syncing-Ignite-and-Oracle-DB-with-Oracle-GoldenGate-updates-from-DB-to-ignite-td20715.html

which suggests the following :
==============
Ignite does not provide such integration out of the box, however there
a commercial offering from GridGain for that:
https://docs.gridgain.com/docs/goldengate-replication
==============

Was wondering whether we still need to use GoldenGate for such
replications OR whether newer versions of Ignite are now supporting such
asynchronous sync-ups with underlying DB changes

Thanks
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Posted by Juan Rodríguez Hortalá <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: can Ignite Cache automatically detect changes in multiple Underlying DBs and stay in sync with them

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

if this question is not related to some contribution than, probably, better
place to ask is user@ignite.apache.org mailing list.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Deepa,

What is your use case? There might be a solution.

--
Denis

Posted by Dmitriy Govorukhin <dm...@gmail.com>.
Folks,
Any comments?
I will start to implement withFairAsync(); decorator soon.