Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2010/07/16 00:32:38 UTC

Fwd: [iks-community] Aloha Editor is out.

And it's under AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE :
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html

Compatible ?

++

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:02:57 +0100, Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk> wrote:
> On 07/16/2010 12:02 AM, Richard Frovarp wrote:
>> On 07/15/2010 05:32 PM, florent andré wrote:
>>> And it's under AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE :
>>> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html
>>>
>>> Compatible ?
>>
>> No. Not compatible.
> Maybe worth starting a discussion on their mailing list about the
> benefits of a more liberal license?

there was a discussion about, and after the announce, Andreas Kuckartz ask
a question about this restrictive licence.

Here come the answer :

*****************************

Hello,

I hope Aloha Editor will be used. Aloha Editor is open to everybody and
addresses all kind of content software deverlopers or implementers. AGPL in
our point of view is the only way for a small company to distribute a self
founded front-end framework with no possibility to up-sell a commercial
admin add-on. We already have strong relationships with opensource cms
communities and they can go with the license. We expect the first public
releases of Aloha Editor implementations in CMS systems within August!
Those system developers of course also address semantic user interfaces
(http://forge.typo3.org/issues/8727) and we are willing to bring
outstanding semantic user interaction concepts to the Aloha Editor - same
quality as for the editing process itself. Aloha Editor offers a bunch of
advantages (not yet in the current release) regarding other editors and I
don't mean the inline editing, but the the plugin system and the way how
user interaction is designed. We hope to be enabled to build the semantic
interface together with the IKS Consortium!

Aloha Editor adresses the inline editing based on contenteditable. So this
must not be done by each system developer. In addition the plugins will add
more value to all developers using Aloha Editor.

I appreciate your feedback!

ciao
haymo

Seems that they are afraid about "lost their baby"... Understandable in
some point of view...

++

Re: Fwd: [iks-community] Aloha Editor is out.

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On 07/15/2010 05:32 PM, florent andré wrote:
> And it's under AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE :
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html
>
> Compatible ?

No. Not compatible.