Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/04 02:47:56 UTC

Ivy [2.0-beta-2]: Download Source Jars

I'm just getting started with Ivy, but one thing that is very
important for me is to easily download source JARs where available.

<ivy-module version="2.0">
    <info organisation="com.nfjs.hls" module="blogapp"/>
    <configurations>
        <conf name="runtime" description="Dependencies needed at runtime."/>
    </configurations>
    <publications>
        <artifact name="blogapp" type="war" conf="runtime" ext="war"/>
    </publications>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="org.apache.tapestry" name="tapestry-core"
rev="5.0.11" conf="runtime->default">
            <exclude module="servlet-api"/>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

<project xmlns:ivy="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant" name="blogapp">

    <target name="-ivy-setup">
        <ivy:settings file="ivysettings.xml"/>
    </target>

    <target name="update-libs" depends="-ivy-setup"
description="Download external library dependencies">
        <ivy:retrieve sync="true"
pattern="${ivy.lib.dir}/[conf]-[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
type="jar,source"/>
    </target>

</project>

This runs and places my expected dependencies in lib/runtime-jars/ as
I want them.

However, there is no lib/runtime-sources folder.

I get the same results if I omit the type attribute on <ivy:retrieve/>.

How does Ivy associate an artifact with its source artifact?

The things I'm downloading, tapestry JARs and such, all have source
JARs (built and deployed via Maven).

Thanks for any pointers,

Howard

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Ivy [2.0-beta-2]: Download Source Jars

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've update selected parts of my ivy.xml as follows:
>>
>>    <dependency org="org.apache.tapestry" name="tapestry-core"
>> rev="5.0.12" conf="runtime">
>>            <artifact name="tapestry-core" type="jar" ext="jar"/>
>>            <artifact name="tapestry-core" type="source" ext="jar"
>> m:qualifier="sources"/>
>>        </dependency>
>

> Oops, my mistake, it's not a qualifier, but a classifier in maven
> terminology. Hence the dependency should be:
>    <dependency org="org.apache.tapestry" name="tapestry-core" rev="5.0.12"
> conf="runtime">
>            <artifact name="tapestry-core" type="jar" ext="jar"/>
>            <artifact name="tapestry-core" type="source" ext="jar" m:*
> classifier*="sources"/>
>        </dependency>
>
> I've added a unit test in Ivy to make sure it works properly to get source
> artifact like this.

FYI, I've just implemented IVY-325, so with Ivy trunk you can simply do:
 <dependency org="org.apache.tapestry" name="tapestry-core" rev="5.0.12"
conf="runtime->runtime,sources" />

It does not solve the problem transitively though.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Ivy [2.0-beta-2]: Download Source Jars

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Ivy [2.0-beta-2]: Download Source Jars

Posted by Martin <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Ivy folk-

didnt get that far..

load-ivy:
  [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource
org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml. It could not be found.

anyone know where I can acquire org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml?

Thanks
Martin-
Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Ivy [2.0-beta-2]: Download Source Jars

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Ivy [2.0-beta-2]: Download Source Jars

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.