Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Xilai Dai <xl...@talend.com> on 2021/11/01 07:56:48 UTC

You can only set routeId one time per route

Hi there,

What's the good reason in Camel 3 the routeId() can be set only once?

    public RouteDefinition routeId(String id) {
        if (hasCustomIdAssigned()) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("You can only set routeId one time per route.");
        }
        setId(id);
        return this;
    }

is there a Camel Jira for it?

Thanks!

As a recipient of an email from Talend, your contact personal data will be on our systems. Please see our privacy notice (updated August 2020) at Talend, Inc. <https://www.talend.com/contacts-privacy-policy/>

Re: You can only set routeId one time per route

Posted by Xilai Dai <xl...@talend.com>.
Thanks a lot Maarten!

We will try to solve this migration problem in a proper way to our end-user.

Thank you!
________________________________
From: Xilai Dai <xl...@talend.com>
Date: Monday, 1 November 2021 at 10:07
To: users@camel.apache.org <us...@camel.apache.org>
ATTENTION: This email originated from outside of the organization.

Hi Claus,

It was allowed override it in Camel 2.x.
was there a Camel Jira for it?

Because the users using Camel 2 already created Routes with routeId() inside anywhere.

Thanks.
Warning! External email. Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking any links.

Yes a route should not change its id

--
Claus Ibsen

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.