Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jon Bender <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 21:36:23 UTC

ClassCastException when preparing an HBase bulk load in MapReduce

Hi everyone,

I have a simple MapReduce job that is reading in text files , writing out
to <ImmutableBytesWritable,Put> and using the PutSortReducer to configure a
large bulk load for HBase.  When I run the job, it's throwing a
ClassCastException error, I believe having to do with partitioning the
keys.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I know I've done this type of job
in the past I just haven't seen the error before.

Cluster is running CDH3B4 for reference.

Error log:

http://pastebin.com/6gxuc3Rg

Cheers,

Jon

Re: ClassCastException when preparing an HBase bulk load in MapReduce

Posted by Jon Bender <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sure, see below for the job setup and Map class:
http://pastebin.com/DKMZhGff

--Jon

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.