Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr> on 2012/03/08 22:15:12 UTC

Re: Funding

Le mercredi 07 mars 2012 à 17:06 +0100, Torsten Förtsch a écrit :

Hi Torsten,

> On Tuesday, 28 February 2012 18:14:20 Vincent Veyron wrote:
> your post has me very worried that it could end in a
> > hurry
>
> So am I and so are many (perhaps most) of the other contributors.

Perrin was a bit more re-assuring than you are in a previous post?

> What I am
> trying to say is, if modperl is the basis of your business why don't you start
> contribute? You'll be in good and friendly company.

Hey, I have no doubts about the friendly company.

But I did contribute : the application in my sig, that uses mod_perl,
makes the ecosystem stronger : while it exists, it will help in keeping
it alive.

> Give it time and modperl will support httpd 2.4. But it requires work
> to be done. You can help.

I try to help on the political side : implementing wherever I can.

However I find that centralized management and open source don't mix
well, so getting the funds for that work appears to be a real fight.

> it occurred to me that the creators of
>all of these shining open source
> programs are not god-like creatures but people like you and me.

Just to let you know, to me, you _are_ one of those god-like creatures
that make this awesome stuff :-)

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/