Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Long <DL...@Lynden.com> on 2015/12/29 04:23:07 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 2.4 httpd.conf configuration

when I start httpd. It failed with following error
"[Mon Dec 28 16:37:03.900984 2015] [core:crit] [pid 29127:tid 1] AH00136: Server MUST relinquish startup privileges before accepting connections.  Please ensure mod_unixd or other system security module is loaded."

I had "--enable-unixd" in my configure file when I compiled httpd.
So I thought when httpd loaded it will have mod_unixd loaded in the binary.
And I am using basic apache 2.4.17 httpd.conf file
it has following lines for httpd user and group

<IfModule unixd_module>
#
# If you wish httpd to run as a different user or group, you must run
# httpd as root initially and it will switch.
#
# User/Group: The name (or #number) of the user/group to run httpd as.
# It is usually good practice to create a dedicated user and group for
# running httpd, as with most system services.
#
User daemon
Group daemon

</IfModule>

Can someone help me with this error?

Thanks
David Long

Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.4 httpd.conf configuration

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
Please keep messages on the mailing list so everyone can benefit (or
critique).

You need to replace module with the name of the module.
I should have written in like the manual does in all caps
(--enable-MODULE=static) which makes it clearer.

- Y

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Posted by David Long <DL...@Lynden.com>.
Hi Yehada,
I don’t  have “--enable-module=static” in configure.
Can I ask you if I have "--enable-unixd” and “--enable-module=static” do I still need LoadModule line in httpd.conf?
In my previous 2.2 version.
If I have module enabled in configure for compile I don’t need to use any LoadModule line in httpd.conf.
[...]

"[Mon Dec 28 16:37:03.900984 2015<tel:900984%202015>] [core:crit] [pid 29127:tid 1] AH00136: Server MUST relinquish startup privileges before accepting connections.  Please ensure mod_unixd or other system security module is loaded."

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.